The Jewish Funeral Directors of America, Inc., recognizing that that Jewish funeral service is a calling with great responsibilities, demanding high professional and service standards, eminently fair an honorable dealing with all whom we called to serve, reaffirms this Code of Ethics and Professional Guide, obligating each of us, always to conduct ourselves and our establishments in keeping with the great traditions of our calling and our faith.
We hereby pledge:
* Profound respect and careful observance of all instructions and the customs of every family, and in accordance with our faith.
* To treat with dignity and reverence those entrusted to our care and ministration.
* To comply strictly with all the laws, rules and regulations affecting our
* To hold inviolate every confidence reposed in us.
* To be fair and honorable in all our dealings with clients, providing each of them complete freedom of choice of dignified and satisfying services within their means and preference.
* That the charges for our service shall be plainly stated in our selection room, catalog or otherwise.
* To make available to every family a written record of funeral service arrangement.
* That all advertising and announcements shall be clear, accurate and free of any misleading representations.
* To strive constantly for honorable relationships and close cooperation with the Rabbinate, the synagogues, and the temples.
* To observe all the rules of fair competition and cooperation with the other members of the profession.
* To safeguard public health, to uphold all the laws governing funeral service and to so conduct ourselves and our establishments as never to adversely affect the profession, the Jewish community, the Jewish Funeral Directors of America, Inc., or ourselves.
Constitution and By-Laws of The Jewish Funeral Directors of America, Inc.